Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Draped Canopy with Satin Linen

Here's a recent event Party Production Rentals did for a family who wanted to hold an elegant celebration at their home in Rancho Santa Fe. 

Canopy Draping
The standard "work horse" canopy in the party & event industry is a frame tent.  These are assembled at the job site and are very functional for providing shelter.  

There are different ways to dress up a canopy, but one way that provides a very elegant touch is by draping the inside of the canopy top with a tent liner - as shown in the picture below.  We draped the canopy and covered the poles in white so that utilitarian aspects of the canopy are not visible.  These element do add expense to the canopy, but for the right event and budget, it's a great touch. 


Satin Linen
Another standard in our industry is the use of polyester blend fabric for tablecloths.  They are cost-effective and come in a variety of colors and sizes.  However, there are many "specialty" fabrics that make for great table linen as well.  One of our favorites is satin.  Satin linen provide timeless elegance with their silky look, and they draw attention to themselves because of how they catch the light.  This client went with turquoise satin tablecloths and napkins to compliment their dramatic centerpieces and silver Chiavari chairs.  The effect is dramatic! 


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never skip any update of yours, I will definitely consider your ides when I will plan a party.
best roof top bar nyc

Unknown said...

I attended San Diego Wedding venues for my wedding day. The venues are outstanding and more beautiful than I ever imagined. I am sure they will make my day amazing.

Unknown said...

Wow the draped canopy looks so wonderful with the blue satin on the tables. How is the ventilation when the area is covered by a big canopy? Would it get too hot for a summer party if I decided to do something like this?

http://www.arearentalls.com/PARTY.ivnu

Unknown said...

My niece is having a wedding on the beach but we are looking for a tent to put over the refreshment tables. This canopy with the lights inside is perfect for what we are looking for. You can either use it for shade if it's hot or shelter if it's raining.

http://www.mvtents.com

Marian said...

Another great ideas! Yeah!
www.tents4events.com.au

leachmark707 said...

I went to a party last week that was unreal. I don't know where they rented there decor, but it was amazing. I felt like I was in a Hollywood premier party.

Mark Leach | http://www.abetterpartyrentals.com

alfarestents said...

Great post, so informative. Tents are used in different occasions, events, etc. With your post, I got ideas on how to save money on
Event Canopy Tent in UAE

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Visit Apartments or Rooms for rent in San Diego